Today more than 300 sites worldwide serve patients with a Novalis-configured linear accelerator. These centers all share premium Brainlab technology for radiosurgery and stereotactic body radiation therapy (SBRT).
Radiosurgery of the past was a time-consuming, invasive and costly procedure. Patients often experienced discomfort and certain indications were sometimes insufficiently treated. Novalis® Radiosurgery offers targeted non- or minimally invasive* radiosurgery treatments for cancerous and non-cancerous conditions of the entire body. This radiosurgery platform brings together innovation, powerful technology and a dedication to excellence in tandem with an experienced clinical community and dedicated training.
- Frameless non-invasive treatment for improved patient comfort
- Treats benign and malignant tumors, arteriovenous malformations and neurological disorders
- Typical treatment times of less than 20 minutes
- Cost effective solution that offers increased patient throughput and utilization
* Some doctors may opt to use a minimally invasive head frame for certain procedures.
- Non-invasive frameless stereotactic radiosurgery for benign and malignant tumors
- Automated planning with HybridArc™ for highly accurate dose delivery utilizing unique adaptive grid calculation matrix
- Image-guided spine and prostate radiotherapy
- Gated liver and lung SBRT (stereotactic body radiotherapy)
- Highly accurate treatment of functional disorders
- Hundreds of clinical publications and patient case studies on the utilization of Novalis, iPlan® and ExacTrac®
- As a neurosurgery driven company, Brainlab is the proven solution for delivering radiosurgery, maintaining safe and effective treatments, while continuing to provide advancements in technology
Millimeter Accuracy in One Minute
Advanced and automated software calculates fine dose calculation adaptive grid for even the smallest lesions. Remote planning and tablet capabilities support mobile decision making and flexible plan adaptation.
- High definition multi-leaf collimator delivers highly precise dose conformality
- Image-Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT) patient positioning and verification options for ExacTrac® Robotic 6D Couch provides accurate and automated patient positioning
- Room-based X-Ray imaging offers fast and accurate patient setup and intra-fraction verification
- IGRT for tumor motion management
- Respiration-triggered dose delivery
- X-ray images for intra-fraction verification of tumor position
- Digital Lightbox® for multi-touch digital mapping and advanced information management
- Stereotactic immobilization, setup and QA accessories
- Multimodality automatic image fusion
- User-friendly smart contouring tools
- iPlan® Automatic Atlas Segmentation for definition of vital structures
- iPlan® RT Monte Carlo Dose Calculation for fast, accurate dose calculations
- Automated Planning for radiosurgery and SBRT with HybridArc™
- Adaptive Radiotherapy for addressing volumetric changes
- Novalis Circle network of clinical experts
- Certified training by experienced users
- Professionally developed marketing portfolio