RT Robotic Patient Alignment
ExacTrac® provides patient set-up calculated in six degrees of freedom. To fully exploit this ability, ExacTrac Robotic Patient Alignment can compensate for rotational uncertainties in pitch, roll and yaw. For stereotactic cranial, head & neck or spine or IMRT treatments, where tumors are in close proximity to critical structures, this capability ensures the great patient setup accuracy.
ExacTrac is fully integrable with most treatment couches, allowing for not only accurate set-up verification but also automated patient positioning. After precise determination of the required correction shift, ExacTrac interfaces with Varian couches for immediate and fully automatic table motion.
- Allows for automatic correction of rotational misalignments
- Provides high level of set-up accuracy
- Particularly suitable for complex set-ups such as cranial, head & neck or spine indications
- ExacTrac Robotics may currently be retrofitted to Varian Exact™ couches
- Improved flexibility for imaging, planning and treatment
- High accuracy with non-invasive positioning
- Verification of target position at all treatment positions during the entire procedure
- Correction of rotations with Robotic Patient Alignment in 6D