The R&D Digital OR & Visualization team creates innovative products for video and information visualization in operating rooms. Our products are used in hospitals world-wide and installations range from large multicenter deployments to solutions for a single operating room. Our vision is to create an environment for surgical staff that allows them to get the job done with the best possible information available.
As a Software Engineer in our Digital OR & Visualization team, you will be involved in the development process from the architectural design until final product launch. In this position, you will join our young and growing agile R&D team. You will be responsible for creating new software applications that visualize and enhance the information surgeons need in operating rooms around the world. As part of a multi-disciplinary, diverse and international team consisting of Software- and Project Engineers, you will use your programming skills to create applications that improves patients’ lives.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Design and implement software that visualizes medical information live in the operating room using technologies such as C++17/20, DDS, WebRTC and node.js
- Improve the internal software architecture, create re-usable software modules and optimize the software for performance
- Apply the test-driven development principle by implementing unit tests ensuring that your code is correct and facilitates refactoring
- Participate in agile software development practices such as daily meetings, iteration review and planning meetings as well as retrospectives
- Optionally, complement your work as a full stack developer implementing and designing user interfaces using HTML5/JS in cooperation with clinical and usability experts
- Closely cooperate and communicate with software engineering specialists from other R&D teams