Advanced Project Engineer – R&D Platforms Integration
Founded in Munich, Germany in 1989, Brainlab develops, manufactures and markets software-driven medical technology, enabling access to improved, more efficient, less-invasive patient treatments. Our key to success is our creative, talented and hard-working team, which consists of around 2000 dedicated and inspiring individuals in 25 locations worldwide. To succeed in reaching our targets, we are seeking committed colleagues who can stand behind our core values curious, authentic and useful:
Our passionate platforms team develops the future Brainlab image guide surgery and digital O.R. hardware portfolio. These state-of-the-art medical devices offer our customers worldwide easy access to the Brainlab software capabilities of today and tomorrow.
As an Advanced Project Engineer within our Integration team you will focus on the integration of customized components into our medical devices. These devices rely on the complex interplay of diverse technologies and must comply to various regulatory requirements. Your profound understanding of technical concepts and analytic skills will be a key pillar for the successful release of our next generation products.
More specifically you will:
- lead and manage smaller development projects
- drive the product requirements engineering process
- coordinate / contribute to the creation of the medical device documentation
- coordination of internal and external product development activities
- definition and review of technical concepts
- definition and execution of verification tests
In this versatile role you work at the interface between our platforms team and the various software teams. In addition the intense collaboration with international development partners, suppliers and test houses as well as internal stakeholders such as quality management characterize your daily work.
- experience in medical device development
- university degree in computer science, electrical engineering, medical engineering, physics or comparable work experience
- passion for technology and interdisciplinary thinking
- strong technical skills and ability to interact both with engineering colleges on details as well as with general management on top-level goals
- passion for innovative high-tech products and for technological advance
- experience in project work / management and pleasure of being part of a team
- excellent communication skills in German and English
- distinct analytical skills and attention to detail round up your profile
- A mutually-supportive, international team
- Meaningful work with a lasting impact on medical technology
- 30 vacation days, plus December 24th and December 31st
- Flexible working hours
- Parking garage and safe underground bike storage
- Award-winning subsidized company restaurant and in-house cafes
- Variety-rich fitness program in our ultra-modern 360m2 company gym
- Regular after work, team, and company events
- Comprehensive training and continuing education opportunities
Ready to apply? We look forward to receiving your online application including your first available start date and desired salary.