(Advanced) Software Engineer – Intraoperative Imaging / Ultrasound
Founded in Munich, Germany in 1989, Brainlab develops, manufactures and markets software-driven medical technology, enabling access to improved, more efficient, less-invasive patient treatments. Our key to success is our creative, talented and hard-working team, which consists of around 2000 dedicated and inspiring individuals in 25 locations worldwide. To succeed in reaching our targets, we are seeking committed colleagues who can stand behind our core values curious, authentic and useful:
Our R&D team in Munich is looking for an (Advanced) Software Engineer - Intraoperative Imaging / Ultrasound.
The focus of our newly established team is on applying modern ultrasound imaging techniques for enhancing surgical and interventional procedures. Your work will impact the complete development cycle of medical devices, from the inception of new concepts and their implementation, followed by clinical evaluations, and the development and release of the resulting device (including subsystems and modules) according to regulatory standards in EU and US markets.
In your role, you will be part of a diverse team of hardware and software experts, creating advanced clinical application software for the integration and visualization of intraoperative imaging data in novel solutions for clinical decision-making. This includes the application of deep learning (AI) strategies for improving the performance of medical ultrasound systems, from beamforming to advanced image processing.
Your contribution will impact clinical procedures in hospitals around the world, making them safer, more effective, and ultimately enable better clinical outcomes.
- You have a background in Computer Science, Physics, Engineering or related discipline, or equivalent working experience
- Strong analytical skills and willingness to join a highly skilled team working in a complex software environment, where your talent will be challenged and supported
- You have solid experience with modern C++ development; HTML5 and Python is a strong plus
- Preferably you have experience in the field of medical imaging (ultrasound, CT) and DICOM
- Ability and eagerness to collaborate with colleagues from diverse backgrounds and different specialization areas, such as clinical experts, hardware and software engineers, and UX/UI designers
- Ideally you are familiar with agile software development, or willing to acquire these skills
- Fluent communication skills in English (German is a plus)
- A mutually-supportive, international team
- Meaningful work with a lasting impact on medical technology
- 30 vacation days, plus December 24th and December 31st
- Flexible working hours as well as hybrid work model within Germany
- Parking garage and safe underground bike storage
- Award-winning subsidized company restaurant and in-house cafes
- Variety-rich fitness program in our ultra-modern 360m2 company gym
- Regular after work, team, and company events
- Comprehensive training and continuing education opportunities
Ready to apply? We look forward to receiving your online application including your first available start date and desired salary.
Your HR Contact Person