For our Customer Care team located in Munich we are looking for an Application Specialist Platforms. In this role you are responsible for solving complex technical issues of our customers or field support either remotely or onsite. You will provide 2nd level support by analyzing, diagnosing, replicating and troubleshooting reported issues on Brainlab Systems. Other responsibilities include developing and delivering training to our 1st level support employees as well as knowledge transfer to them.
Founded in Munich, Germany in 1989, Brainlab develops, manufactures and markets software-driven medical technology, enabling access to improved, more efficient, less-invasive patient treatments. Our key to success is our creative, talented and hard-working team, which consists of 1500 dedicated and inspiring individuals in 20 offices worldwide. To succeed in reaching our targets, we are seeking committed colleagues who can stand behind our core values of inspiration, simplicity and integrity:
Application Specialist Platforms
- Munich, Germany
- Department: Sales & Support
The ideal candidate has:
- Degree in Informatics, medical IT, Medical Engineering, Computer Science or related field of studies
- Ideally first experiences in field support for medical devices, (medical) IT like PACS, HIS systems or working in a hospital
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Ability to comfortably teach our field support team
- Provide support on our Hotline for customers and colleagues
- Highly motivated and customer oriented personality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Strong interpersonal, professional skills and high motivation
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work self sufficiently
- Flexibility to travel 20-30%
- German skills and teaching experience are of advantage
- Driving license valid for Germany is a Plus
- working in a team of great colleagues who help and support each other
- seeing your contribution making a positive impact on the daily work of clinicians around the world
- 30 days of vacation, plus 24.12. and 31.12.
- flexible working hours
- free gym courses with showers and changing rooms
- secure bicycle storage room
- unlimited coffee, tea and water
- excellent subsidized restaurant
- regular after-work, team & company events
- comprehensive education and training opportunities, digital language courses
A position at Brainlab means that you’ll be part of a professional business environment working together with an excellent international team. You will be a valued member of a team of likeminded individuals. You’ll be assessed fairly and given great opportunities based on your performance.
Ready to apply? We look forward to receiving your online application including a motivation letter, your first available start date and desired salary.
Contact person: Ariadna Pijoan