(Biomedical Engineer) OR Integration Specialist
Brainlab revolutionized digital medical technology with the introduction of software for radiosurgery and surgical navigation. Today, Brainlab is an industry leader in digital surgery, radiotherapy and integrated operating rooms.
Serving physicians, medical professionals and patients in 6,000+ hospitals in 121 countries, we’re transforming healthcare to improve the lives of patients everywhere.
We employ over 2,000 people in 25 locations worldwide. Close-knit teams made of talented, curious and authentic people are working together toward a common goal.
Together we’re dedicated to making an impact.
Sound like you?
Join and grow with us.
Brainlab’s OR Integration Specialist perform custom installations, repairs, maintenance and general support for the company’s Operating Room (OR) Integration & Ceiling-Mounted Image Guided-Surgery product portfolio.
- Perform custom installations to establish functionality of OR Integration and Ceiling-Mounted Image Guided-Surgery Products. Work includes pulling cables (fiber and non-fiber), terminating cables, mounting hardware such as monitors and testing all cross-compatibility as per the scope of work for each project.
- Perform repairs and periodic maintenance on OR Integration and Ceiling-Mounted Image Guided-Surgery Products
- Functions rely upon knowledge & experience of Healthcare Data Management, HIPAA, VNA/HIS/PACS Integration, IHE, DICOM, HL7, 4K & Video Routing & Medical Device Integration
- Relevant medical & integrated components include: Computer Workstation, Server, Virtual Environment, Video to Data Encoder & Decoder, Audio Amplifier & Mixer, Network Switch, Fiber Cabling, Copper Cabling & other components
- Read, analyze, and interpret site planning manual and blueprints that contain infrastructure requirements, A/V system flow schematics, and wiring diagrams.
- Resolve product issues through detailed analysis and utilization of engineering/troubleshooting expertise.
- Effectively communicate with Project Management, Sales, Marketing and Clinical End Users to understand complex problems and adequately troubleshoot issues.
- Instruct fellow team members & clinical end users in maintenance of OR Integration & Ceiling-Mounted Image Guided-Surgery equipment.
- Deliver and Maintain high quality communication to internal & external customers.
- Keep abreast of new developments regarding Brainlab and competitive OR Integration & Image Guided-Surgery products and services through training and analysis, as required.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or IT Technology required. Applicants without a 4 year degree must have minimum 4 years OR Integration installation experience or comparable skill set.
- Works well in a team environment and individually, delivering results without close supervision.
- Computer expertise, familiarity, and demonstrated expertise with hardware troubleshooting.
- Must be able to adjust to technical & logistics needs of fast paced & dynamic environment.
- Able to apply critical thinking and perform analysis successfully under challenging conditions in a construction environment.
- Proficiency in the use of test equipment and hand tools including oscilloscopes and multi-meters.
- Excellent organization and time management skills, and the ability to manage many work streams simultaneously
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Professional and confident demeanor
- Proactively approaches his/her contribution to the organization
- Knowledge of OR Integration technology and computer networks preferred
- High comfort level with software and technology, in general
- Work safely in confined areas, including high current/ high voltages modulators (20- 50 kV, 1500A), and use peripheral vision to gauge distances. Depth perception is critical.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds and work on ladders
- Ability to travel 80%. Ability to Work Nights and Weekends occasionally.
In return for the experiences listed above we will provide a business casual environment, competitive compensation package including medical, dental, life, LTD, STD, and matching 401k benefits and much more.
Visit us at: www.brainlab.com
Brainlab, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Covid-19 vaccination, including applicable booster(s), is required if the position requires onsite presence at Brainlab customer sites in compliance with Presidential Executive Orders. Legally allowed exemptions may apply.
Brainlab participates in E-Verify. Click here for more information. Click here to also review the EEO Law Poster.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to [email protected].