Product Manager – Digital O.R.
Founded in Munich, Germany in 1989, Brainlab develops, manufactures and markets software-driven medical technology, enabling access to improved, more efficient, less-invasive patient treatments. Our key to success is our creative, talented and hard-working team, which consists of around 2000 dedicated and inspiring individuals in 25 locations worldwide. To succeed in reaching our targets, we are seeking committed colleagues who can stand behind our core values curious, authentic and useful:
Product Management and Marketing is the voice of the customer inside Brainlab and the voice of Brainlab to the customer. We are responsible for evolving our customer experience and for driving product commercialization by specifying, launching and maturing products.
As a product manager Digital O.R., you will have global ownership and responsibility for multiple Brainlab Digital O.R. products which comprise generic hardware and software components used in various surgical disciplines, such as the Buzz family. Built as an open, modular platform, Brainlab integrated Digital O.R. gathers, manages and displays the right data in all setups, whether simple or complex, from straightforward general surgery to high-end hybrid O.R.s. With an increase of unstructured data from video sources, intraoperative imaging and surgical documentation, managing and targeting the right data in the operating room has become more important than ever. The O.R. of the future is as much about data augmentation and information integration as it is about high-tech medical devices. At Brainlab, our mission is to streamline device and information usage and enrich clinical data before, during and after surgery.
Integrated within a team of product managers, you will be responsible for the respective global business results and collaborate with multiple internal functions including R&D, Marketing and international sales.
This role requires someone who is highly skilled from both a technical and business perspective with strong analytical skills and the ability to influence at all levels in the organization. You also need to be able to collaborate in multi-disciplinary teams.
Your responsibilities / tasks:
- Gain a deep understanding of customer experience and identify their needs
- Market analysis: identify market and technology trends and opportunities relevant for the assigned product
- Analyze competitor activities, customer feedback, sales performance, utilization of own products and develop action plan (Marketing Mix) with global scope
- Identify market needs and the corresponding product solution opportunities by consolidating customer segmentation, targeting and product positioning and provide voice-of-the-customer marketing specifications to the R&D team
- Support and supervise on partner management and business development
- Product definition: collect all input and field feedback about the assigned product (e.g. complaints, installation reports), systematically analyze and structure input and develop list of recommended requirements to formally suggest requirements to superior and R&D teams
- Product core data: develop basic product briefing including unmet needs, target groups, positioning, features and benefits, unique selling propositions, pricing and bundling
- Product knowledge transfer: ensure product knowledge is transferred to Regional Marketing Managers/Directors on a regular basis
- Scientific papers: identify need for scientific papers with all internal stakeholders and drive implementation in cooperation with R&D and regional resources (e.g. Application Consultants) close to customers
- Product success monitoring: create quarterly reports on product success including orders, revenue, profitability, pipeline, complaint handling
- Administrate articles, product bundles, pricing for assigned product
- Training: develop training material in cooperation with Marketing Communications and support product training for Sales, distributors and partner companies, organized by Regional Marketing management
- Support the sales force by answering high-level technical and clinical questions as well as visiting customers as a product specialist directly in the field
- Establish relationships with key opinion leaders and spend time with customers and sales in the field / at tradeshows
The ideal candidate will have a proven technical and product-focused track record or professional experience of 3 or more years in the O.R. environment, as well as:
- University degree in business administration, engineering or related field
- Demonstrated ability of collecting user requirements (voice-of-the-customer) and translating them into a viable product roadmap
- Ability to work effectively both alone and with limited supervision or as part of a collaborative team of diverse individuals
- Ability to work to a consistently high standard while maintaining attention to detail and delivering against demanding timelines
- Demonstrated product launch experience
- Strong presentation and communications skills together with solid project management and stakeholder management ability (collaborate with others in a dynamic organization / matrix environment)
- An analytical, decisive, and committed personality with an outgoing nature and strong interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of CRM (salesforce.com) and Business Intelligence Tools
- Experience in lean project management is a plus
- Business fluency in written and spoken English
- Willingness to travel up to 30% of the time; the position is located at our Brainlab HQ in Munich (non-pandemic work scheme)
- A mutually-supportive, international team
- Meaningful work with a lasting impact on medical technology
- 30 vacation days, plus December 24th and December 31st
- Flexible working hours
- Parking garage and safe underground bike storage
- Award-winning subsidized company restaurant and in-house cafes
- Variety-rich fitness program in our ultra-modern 360m2 company gym
- Regular after work, team, and company events
- Comprehensive training and continuing education opportunities
Ready to apply? We look forward to receiving your online application including your first available start date and desired salary.