Senior IT Systems Engineer – Network Services
Founded in Munich, Germany in 1989, Brainlab develops, manufactures and markets software-driven medical technology, enabling access to improved, more efficient, less-invasive patient treatments. Our key to success is our creative, talented and hard-working team, which consists of around 2000 dedicated and inspiring individuals in 25 locations worldwide. To succeed in reaching our targets, we are seeking committed colleagues who can stand behind our core values curious, authentic and useful:
As IT Systems Engineer for Network Services, you are responsible for the planning, maintenance and further development of a global network infrastructure in an enterprise environment. You support the business in forward-looking projects with your expertise in the network environment. Your profound experience guides the way in challenges such as Software-Defined-Networking, perimeter security, networking in the cloud environment as well as core networking services. Join us in shaping the future of our network infrastructure and look forward to working with a great team of like-minded people.
Your main tasks are:
- Planning, installation, expansion, configuration and maintenance of high-availability network and communication solutions in the LAN/WAN/WLAN environment.
- Strengthen perimeter security to protect the network from external threats and potential breaches.
- Utilize, maintain and improve network performance monitoring tools to isolate and root cause issues as well as optimizing the overall network performance.
- Usage of automation solutions when installing and configuring network infrastructures
- Implement and manage authentication services to ensure secure access to network resources.
- Create detailed documentation and develop new contemporary strategies in the network area.
- Ensuring high availability, resilience and security for our global network infrastructure.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams on IT projects, providing expert insights and network solutions.
- A degree in computer science or an equivalent technical education, such as in the networking and communications technologies.
- Several years of experience in the administration of complex network environments in the enterprise environment and the implementation of IT security concepts.
- Profound knowledge of network protocols and routing, as well as of firewalls and wireless network environments.
- Knowledge of automation solutions, e.g., Ansible, and scripting languages, e.g., Python
- Experience in Cisco and Arista based network infrastructure as well as cloud environments (Azure / AWS) and firewalls (Check Point) is desirable.
- Certifications in the area of Network & Security is desirable.
- Ability to analyse and solve errors and problems in complex networks and to quickly familiarize yourself with new topics.
- Structured approach combined with a very careful, accurate and result-oriented way of working, especially when analysing problems.
- An analytical approach combined with a pragmatic, solution-oriented approach and the ability to work independently are a matter of course for you.
- Business fluent German and English language skills, both written and spoken.
- A mutually-supportive, international team
- Meaningful work with a lasting impact on medical technology
- 30 vacation days, plus December 24th and December 31st
- Flexible working hours as well as hybrid work model within Germany
- Parking garage and safe underground bike storage
- Award-winning subsidized company restaurant and in-house cafes
- Variety-rich fitness program in our ultra-modern 360m2 company gym
- Regular after work, team, and company events
- Comprehensive training and continuing education opportunities
Ready to apply? We look forward to receiving your online application including your first available start date and desired salary.
Your HR Contact Person