Brainlab has been innovating for over a quarter century in the areas of surgery and radiation therapy, developing hardware and software technology to help healthcare providers, physicians and their patients fight cancer and other conditions of the brain and body. In recent years, there has been a tremendous increase in the volume and complexity of data acquired throughout the patient diagnosis and treatment process. New emerging technologies such as cloud computing and Big Data analysis are gaining significance also in the medical field.
At Brainlab, most applications are expected to become more and more anticipative and intelligent by understanding and evaluating all kinds of information surrounding the patient. Therefore, there is a clear need for a scalable, performant, feature-rich, stable and robust software architecture. To tackle this challenge, we are strengthening our Munich-based central software architecture team with a passionate software architect that brings experience in software development, a strong personality and an urge to move things forward. With your expertise and ideas, you will shape the future of Brainlab’s software architecture!
In this position, you will:
- dive deep into existing framework and architecture to gain a proper basis
- collect and analyze architectural requirements and challenges
- define, design and implement a sustainable, state-of-the-art software architecture that supports the company's business strategy
- ensure high quality software by proper software design
- closely work together with key software engineers and application architects in the different application divisions of Brainlab
- lead expert discussions and take architectural decisions in line with our overall company goals
- create clear and understandable documentation of architectural concepts
- share your knowledge and provide technical guidance to your colleagues in- and outside of the central architecture team
- guide and support teams on the way from concept to implementation
- participate in and drive architecture focused pilot and prove-of-concept implementation projects
- roll-out overarching concepts into the whole company
- monitor and assess new technologies and tools
- contribute to our success with your creative ideas and your independent and self-responsible way of working