(Senior) Software Engineer – Cranial Navigation
Founded in Munich, Germany in 1989, Brainlab develops, manufactures and markets software-driven medical technology, enabling access to improved, more efficient, less-invasive patient treatments. Our key to success is our creative, talented and hard-working team, which consists of around 2000 dedicated and inspiring individuals in 25 locations worldwide. To succeed in reaching our targets, we are seeking committed colleagues who can stand behind our core values curious, authentic and useful:
As a highly motivated Software Engineer in our international and highly skilled Cranial Navigation team, you will be integral part of the software development process from the very first idea until the final product launch. In this position, you will be responsible for developing image-guided surgery applications used for Cranial surgeries used by thousands of neurosurgeons worldwide – which start from classic neurosurgical navigation applications used for tumor resection or cranial approach planning or placing navigated shunts or biopsy needles and goes through ENT surgery mainly focusing on functional endoscopic sinus surgery to CMF surgery addressing navigated implant positioning or bone reconstruction. Our applications are characterized by being highly integrated with other devices like
- Surgical microscopes creating surgical augmented reality
- Ultrasound devices creating 3D ultrasound imaging
- Intraoperative CT/MR scanner integration creating up-to-date intraoperative images updating pre-planned data to match the surgical situation. This may even include joint coding with our partners, which makes software development even more interesting.
As part of a multi-disciplinary team consisting of Hardware-, Software- and Clinical Application Engineers, you will use your programming skills in C++ and HTML5 to create software for our Cranial Navigation portfolio. By working closely with other teams and utilizing our existing software framework, you will create an application which will be used by neuro surgeons in hospitals all around the world.
As a full stack software engineer, you will
- be responsible for designing, developing and maintaining software components and software applications in C++, Java Script and HTML5 (React)
- work closely together with our application engineers and implement human-machine interface and design in cooperation with clinical & usability experts
- work closely together with our software engineering specialists from other R&D teams in order to design, specify and create a flexible, efficient and sustainable software architecture
- have the possibility to work on different parts of our application – from user interface over 3D rendering to specialized algorithms solving typically 3D geometric problems and even further on software architecture design
- be involved in the development process from the very first idea until the final launch of the product
We are looking for proactive people, who are eager to learn and grow, bring their own ideas and want to make a difference.
- You have an education in Computer Science, Computer Visualization, Mathematics, Physics or a related discipline.
- You have fun with object oriented programming and C++ is the programming language you command the most.
- Ideally (but not mandatory) you have experience in the fields of medical imaging and DICOM, 3D visualization, network communication
- You want to be part of a high-skilled team and make a difference with your code every day
- Fluent English, eagerness to learn German and ability to communicate with colleagues from all around the world and different areas of specialty complete your profile
- A mutually-supportive, international team
- Meaningful work with a lasting impact on medical technology
- 30 vacation days, plus December 24th and December 31st
- Flexible working hours
- Parking garage and safe underground bike storage
- Award-winning subsidized company restaurant and in-house cafes
- Variety-rich fitness program in our ultra-modern 360m2 company gym
- Regular after work, team, and company events
- Comprehensive training and continuing education opportunities
Ready to apply? We look forward to receiving your online application including your first available start date and desired salary.