(Senior) Software Engineer – Device & Backend Development
Founded in Munich, Germany in 1989, Brainlab develops, manufactures and markets software-driven medical technology, enabling access to improved, more efficient, less-invasive patient treatments. Our key to success is our creative, talented and hard-working team, which consists of around 2000 dedicated and inspiring individuals in 25 locations worldwide. To succeed in reaching our targets, we are seeking committed colleagues who can stand behind our core values curious, authentic and useful.
Our passionate Video and Edge Processing team develops the Brainlab hardware for our future Image Guided Surgery and Digital O.R portfolio. These state-of-the-art medical systems offer our customers easy access to the Brainlab software capabilities of today and tomorrow.
The Video and Edge Processing team is a small team of highly skilled engineers. We develop spatial computing solutions for camera and video based medical systems interconnected in a medical IoT environment, augmenting and processing medical video data. In the cross functional team are experts in every field of engineering, starting from mechanical, hardware, PCB, FPGA, bare metal software, Linux kernel, Linux user space including server-based architectures, front end development up to system integration, CI and testing.
As a (Senior) Software Engineer within our team, you will be responsible for the implementation of services running on the embedded devices and server to distribute computation for best performance and user experience.
Your tasks include:
- Realization of service-oriented architecture in C++/Rust on Linux/Docker platform
- Defining the concepts and design for reusable components and applications.
- Take responsibility to deliver a reliable platform for orchestrating the IoT devices and services for data processing.
- Close collaboration with embedded and frontend software engineers as well as quality engineers
- Required hard skills:
- openAPI & REST & gRPC
- Service oriented architecture
- Database technologies
- University degree in computer science, physics, engineering or a related discipline
- Analytical skills and willingness to work in a complex software environment.
- You are passionate about your work and enjoy sharing experiences with others.
- Fluency in English (German is a plus) and ability to communicate with colleagues and partner companies from all around the world and different areas of specialty complete your profile.
- Following experiences would be considered as a plus:
- Embedded systems
- A mutually-supportive, international team
- Meaningful work with a lasting impact on medical technology
- 30 vacation days, plus December 24th and December 31st
- Flexible working hours as well as hybrid work model within Germany
- Bike leasing via cooperation partner "BikeLeasing"
- Parking garage and safe underground bike storage
- Award-winning subsidized company restaurant and in-house cafes
- Variety-rich fitness program in our ultra-modern 360m2 company gym
- Regular after work, team, and company events
- Comprehensive training and continuing education opportunities
Ready to apply? We look forward to receiving your online application including your first available start date and desired salary.
Your HR Contact Person