The R&D Digital OR & Visualization team creates innovative products for video and information visualization in operating rooms. Our products are used in hospitals world-wide and installations range from large multi‐center deployments to solutions for a single operating room. Our vision is to create an environment for surgical staff that allows them to get the job done with the best possible information available.
As a Software Engineer in our Digital OR & Visualization team, you will be involved in the development process from the architectural design until final product launch. In this position, you will be responsible for coding the backend part of our digital operating room applications that integrate with Brainlab hardware and third-party video imaging devices such as surgical microscopes and endoscopes. As part of a multi-disciplinary team consisting of Software- and Project Engineers, you will use your programming skills in C++ to create clinical application software that enhances live medical videos with information that improves the surgical outcome. This includes software for law-latency display of video inside the operating room, live audio and video streaming for remote consultation and editing of DICOM H.264/H.265 recorded videos.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Design and implement software applications handling and processing medical video information and other clinical data using technologies such as DICOM, REST, DDS, RTSP, WebRTC and edge computing
- Work closely together with a frontend developer to connect to the human-machine interface designed by usability experts
- Close cooperation and communication with software engineering specialists from other R&D teams
- Ensure excellent software quality by providing software unit tests for the implemented functionality
- Release subsystems and modules according to medical standards for European and US markets