As a Software Engineer for our Cranial Navigation team, you will be involved in the development process from the very first idea until the final product launch. In this position, you will be responsible for developing next level image-guided surgery applications used for cranial surgery – starting from classic neurosurgical navigation applications used for tumor resection or cranial approach planning or placing navigated shunts or biopsy needles over ENT surgery mainly focusing on functional endoscopic sinus surgery to CMF surgery addressing navigated implant positioning or bone reconstruction.
Our applications are characterized by being highly integrated with other devices like
- Surgical microscopes creating surgical augmented reality
- Ultrasound devices creating 3d ultrasound imaging
- Intraoperative CT/MR scanner integration creating up-to-date intraoperative images updating pre-planned data to match the surgical situation.
As part of a multi-disciplinary team consisting of Hardware-, Software- and Clinical Application Engineers, you will use your programming skills in C++ and C# to create software for our Cranial Navigation portfolio. By working closely with other teams and utilizing our existing software framework, you will create an application which will be used by neurosurgeons in hospitals all around the world.
As a software engineer, you will
- be responsible for designing, developing and maintaining software components and software applications in C++, C# (WPF), Java Script and HTML5 (React)
- work closely together with our application engineers and implement human-machine interface and design in cooperation with clinical & usability experts
- work closely together with our software engineering specialists from other R&D teams in order to design, specify and create a flexible, efficient and sustainable software architecture
- have the possibility to work on different parts of our application – from user interface over 3d rendering to specialized algorithms solving typically 3d geometric problems and even further on software architecture design
We are looking for proactive people, eager to learn and grow, who bring their own ideas and make a difference.