The Usability & Design department is responsible for usability engineering, user experience design, industrial and user interface design as well as frontend engineering of all Brainlab products.
As Usability Engineer you will guide our software and hardware products throughout the complete product life cycle to ensure safety regarding use error and high quality user experience.
Acting as a consultant and flexible team member for our product teams you will support implementation of various usability evaluations from reviews to full blown, standard conform usability tests. You will help translate product requirements into concepts and designs for user interfaces. Additionally, as usability engineer you will be responsible for use related risk management within your projects. You will join a team of Usability Engineers and work together with User Experience- and Product Designers within our Usability & Design department.
As Usability Engineer your responsibilities include:
- Usability evaluation and use related risk management
- Conduct of the whole bandwidth of usability methodology
- Guidance and support of product development teams regarding all usability activities
- User research and user requirements engineering
- Translation of product requirements into product concepts, in collaboration with our user experience designers
- Support in establishing usability engineering within a product development process as required by related national and international norms and standards (e.g. IEC 62366)
- Communication of usability topics and advocacy of user needs to various stakeholders
- Synchronize with other Usability Engineers on multiple ongoing projects in parallel