In the cross-divisional Digital O.R. (Operating Room) team with more than 50 persons around the world, we develop, market, plan, produce, install and service highly innovative operating rooms. We integrate and enhance pre- and intra-operative images, bring them to the point of surgical decision making, and enable the surgical teams across all disciplines to communicate and document their clinical work efficiently. To succeed in the diverse world of surgical procedures, medical devices, and information technology, we stay up to date in technical developments, are in close exchange with our customers’ clinical teams, and integrate state of the art 3rd party products.
To amplify our Customer Consulting and OR Planning team Brainlab is seeking an Planner with an educational background of electrical engineering/medical engineering/AV-planning, or a skilled Planner with practical experiences in the medical device business and a technical educational background such as electrician or network specialist.
The Medical System Planner plays a vital role in the development, planning, customization, project management and installation of our Digital O.R. projects. Your work concentrates around our innovative video-routing, communication and documentation system, which makes daily life for OR staff easier and more efficient. Connecting it with various medical and non-medical devices and IT infrastructure, you ensure all components are integrated within their intended use and specifications. You challenge technical compatibility as well, and contribute your expertise in evaluating and testing new combinations.
The position reports directly to the Manager Customer Consulting. You will closely co-work with the team of project consultants/managers, project purchasing, 3rd party suppliers, as well as our customers during the collection of the requirements, development of the concept and implementation of the system.
Your general responsibilities will include among others:
- Contributing to customer presentations introducing the Digital O.R. concept
- Analysis of project specific requirements in cooperation with the customer (surgeons, nurses, OR management) and 3rd party vendors
- Templating and customization of data, video, network and cabling plans, integrating all components and devices
- Multi-project management regarding your contribution to multiple projects in parallel: planning and reporting your time per project, coordinating and prioritizing between projects in close cooperation and co-ownership with the project consultants
- Documentation of technical solutions in coordination with all involved parties
- Ensuring compliance of planned systems with applicable regulatory like MDR and IEC 60601-1
- Review of compatibility for 3rd party products and supporting their release for integration