Brainlab has been innovating for over a quarter century in the areas of surgery and radiation therapy, developing hardware and software technology to help healthcare providers, physicians and their patients fight cancer and other conditions of the brain and body. In recent years, there has been a tremendous increase in the volume and complexity of data acquired throughout the patient diagnosis and treatment process. New emerging technologies such as cloud computing and Big Data analysis are gaining significance also in the medical field.
At Brainlab, most applications are expected to become more and more anticipative and intelligent by understanding and evaluating all kinds of information surrounding the patient. Protecting the information technology used for analysis and treatment of patients as well as the data accumulated during this process is paramount. We are thus strengthening our Munich-based cybersecurity team with a passionate cybersecurity Engineer that brings experience cybersecurity, an open minded and “can-do” personality and an urge to move things forward. With your expertise and ideas, you will support us in our effort to maintain and improve the confidentiality, integrity and availability of Brainlab’s product and solution portfolio.
In this position, you will:
- support the Brainlab development teams with your cybersecurity expertise by jointly creating sound and secure solutions addressing confidentiality, integrity and availability targets
- execute threat analysis on our products and services
- conduct internal vulnerability scans and penetration tests on our products and services
- support externally executed penetration tests
- assess newly discovered vulnerabilities (CVEs) and determine if they are applicable to our products and services
- support in defining and creating a testing environment to support cybersecurity analysis (e.g. for fuzz testing, continuous vulnerability monitoring of 3rd party libraries, penetration testing “tool belt”)
- understand external (regulatory) cybersecurity requirements and assess how they are mapped to the Brainlab products and services
- optionally implement proof of concepts for cybersecurity related concepts (e.g. encryption for data-at-rest, pseudonymization, authenticated messages)
- support our activities to comply and maintain cybersecurity related standards
- monitor and assess new technologies and tools aiding our cybersecurity efforts
- contribute to our success with your creative ideas, your independent and self-responsible way of working