“At Brainlab, our aim over the last 30 years has been unwavering: to improve the care and quality of life for as many cancer patients as possible.”
With approximately 12850 systems at roughly 5800 hospitals in 117 countries, Brainlab technology helps clinicians treat cancers and disorders of the brain and body. Brainlab is dedicated to increasing cancer survivorship and advancing global access and consistency in treatment.
A market-leading technology company with a longstanding dedication to innovation in the fields of surgery and radiosurgery, Brainlab develops, manufactures and markets software-driven medical technology. Core products revolve around information-guided surgery, precision radiation therapy, and information and knowledge sharing that fosters interdisciplinary collaboration. Brainlab technology currently powers treatments in the fields of neurosurgery, radiosurgery/radiotherapy, ENT, CMF, spine, and trauma.
For more detailed information on products, please visit the technology and product-specific pages.
Brainlab employs about 1800 people from 72 countries. The official language at Brainlab is English. Around 920 employees work in the Munich headquarters, including approximately 575 research and development engineers who form a major part of the product development team.
Employees are focused and dynamic, and together create an innovative and inspiring environment characterized by democratic processes. Important product development decisions are made as the result of an ongoing interdisciplinary exchange involving software and hardware engineers, clinical application specialists, technicians and marketing professionals.
Privately held since 1989, Brainlab has a longstanding dedication to innovation in medical technology. Visit the History page to experience 32 years of thinking ahead.
Brainlab at a Glance
- Founded in Munich in 1989
- Core business: medical software solutions for oncology and neurosurgery, as well as spinal, ENT, CMF and trauma surgery
- Roughly 5800 hospitals use Brainlab software
- Approximately 12850 systems installed worldwide
- About 6400 neurosurgical systems installed
- Customers in 117 countries
- About 1800 employees worldwide from 72 countries
- Around 920 employees at Brainlab headquarters in Munich
- Approximately 575 research and development engineers
- About 400 customer service and support employees
- 21 offices worldwide including Paris, Madrid, London, Milan, Tel Aviv, Sao Paulo, Chicago, Sydney, Seoul, Dubai, New Delhi, Kuala Lumpur, Tokyo, Singapore, Hong Kong, Beijing and Munich
- Headquarters and production based in Munich, Germany
(Updated March 2021 for Q1 FY 2021)