At Brainlab, our aim over the last 25 years has been unwavering: to improve the care and quality of life for as many cancer patients as possible.
—Stefan Vilsmeier, CEO
With more than 12,850 systems at more than 5,075 hospitals in over 100 countries, Brainlab technology helps clinicians treat cancers and disorders of the brain and body. Brainlab is dedicated to increasing cancer survivorship and advancing global access and consistency in treatment.
A market-leading technology company with a longstanding dedication to innovation in the fields of surgery and radiosurgery, Brainlab develops, manufactures and markets software-driven medical technology. Core products revolve around information-guided surgery, precision radiation therapy, and information and knowledge sharing that fosters interdisciplinary collaboration. Brainlab technology currently powers treatments in the fields of neurosurgery, radiosurgery/radiotherapy, orthopedics, ENT, CMF, spine, and trauma.
For more detailed information on products, please visit the technology and product-specific pages.
Brainlab employs almost 1,400 people from over 66 countries. The official language at Brainlab is English. Over 750 employees work in the Munich headquarters, including more than 420 research and development engineers who form a major part of the product development team.
Employees are focused and dynamic, and together create an innovative and inspiring environment characterized by democratic processes. Important product development decisions are made as the result of an ongoing interdisciplinary exchange involving software and hardware engineers, clinical application specialists, technicians and marketing professionals.
Privately held since 1989, Brainlab has a longstanding dedication to innovation in medical technology. Visit the History page to experience over 25 years of thinking ahead.
Brainlab at a Glance
- Founded in Munich in 1989
- Core business: medical software solutions for oncology and neurosurgery, as well as spinal, orthopedic, ENT, CMF and trauma surgery
- More than 5,075 hospitals use Brainlab software
- More than 12,850 systems installed worldwide
- 5,000 neurosurgical systems installed
- Customers in over 100 countries
- Almost 1,400 employees worldwide from over 66 countries
- More than 750 employees at Brainlab headquarters in Munich
- More than 420 research and development engineers
- 350 customer service and support
- 18 offices worldwide including Paris, Madrid, London, Milan, Tel Aviv, Sao Paulo, Chicago and Chicago Training Center, Sydney, Seoul, Dubai, New Delhi, Kuala Lumpur, Tokyo, Singapore, Hong Kong, Beijing and Munich
- Headquarters and production based in Munich, Germany
(all dates and figures as of Q2/FY2018)