Advanced Project Engineer – R&D Platforms
Founded in Munich, Germany in 1989, Brainlab develops, manufactures and markets software-driven medical technology, enabling access to improved, more efficient, less-invasive patient treatments. Our key to success is our creative, talented and hard-working team, which consists of around 2000 dedicated and inspiring individuals in 25 locations worldwide. To succeed in reaching our targets, we are seeking committed colleagues who can stand behind our core values curious, authentic and useful:
Our passionate platforms team develops the future Brainlab image guide surgery and digital O.R. hardware portfolio. These innovative medical devices offer our customers easy access to the Brainlab software capabilities of today and tomorrow.
As an Advanced Project Engineer in our team you will focus on the qualification and integration of customized components into our medical devices. These devices rely on the complex interplay of diverse technologies and must comply to various regulatory requirements. Your profound understanding of technical concepts and analytic skills will be a key pillar for the successful release of our next generation products.
More specifically you will
- lead and manage smaller development projects
- drive the product requirements engineering process
- contribute to the creation of the medical device documentation
- coordinate internal and external product development activities
- define and review technical concepts
- set-up prototypes and qualify product components
- define and execute verification tests
In this versatile role you work at the interface between our platforms team and the various software teams. In addition your work is characterized by the intense collaboration with international development partners, suppliers and test houses as well as internal stakeholders such as quality management.
- experience in medical device development
- passion for technology and interdisciplinary thinking
- university degree in computer science, electrical engineering, medical engineering, physics or comparable work experience
- strong technical skills and in particular passion for computer technology
- experience in project work and pleasure of being part of an international team
- excellent communication skills in English and German
- distinct analytical skills and attention to detail round up your profile
- A mutually-supportive, international team
- Meaningful work with a lasting impact on medical technology
- 30 vacation days, plus December 24th and December 31st
- Flexible working hours as well as hybrid work model within Germany
- Parking garage and safe underground bike storage
- Award-winning subsidized company restaurant and in-house cafes
- Variety-rich fitness program in our ultra-modern 360m2 company gym
- Regular after work, team, and company events
- Comprehensive training and continuing education opportunities
Ready to apply? We look forward to receiving your online application including your first available start date and desired salary.
Your HR Contact Person