Product & Marketing Manager – Digital O.R.
Founded in Munich, Germany in 1989, Brainlab develops, manufactures and markets software-driven medical technology, enabling access to improved, more efficient, less-invasive patient treatments. Our key to success is our creative, talented and hard-working team, which consists of around 2000 dedicated and inspiring individuals in 25 locations worldwide. To succeed in reaching our targets, we are seeking committed colleagues who can stand behind our core values curious, authentic and useful:
Product Management and Marketing is the voice of the customer inside Brainlab and the voice of Brainlab to the customer. We are responsible for evolving our customer experience and for driving product commercialization by specifying, launching and maturing products.
As a Product & Marketing Manager Digital O.R., you will have global ownership and responsibility for multiple Brainlab Digital O.R. products which comprise generic hardware and software components. Built as an open, modular platform, Brainlab integrated Digital O.R. gathers, manages and displays the right data in all setups, whether simple or complex, from straightforward general surgery to high-end hybrid O.R.s. The O.R. of the future is as much about data augmentation and information integration as it is about high-tech medical devices. At Brainlab, our mission is to streamline device and information usage and enrich clinical data before, during and after surgery.
You will be responsible for the respective global business results and collaborate with multiple internal functions including Marketing Communications, PR, R&D and international sales. Furthermore, you will drive the overarching outward facing product marketing and augment a team of product managers with your marketing-focused skills and knowledge.
This role requires someone who is highly skilled from both a business and marketing perspective, with strong analytical skills, a solid technical understanding and the ability to influence at all levels in the organization. You also need to be able to collaborate in multi-disciplinary teams.
Your responsibilities / tasks:
- Gain a deep understanding of customer experience and identify their needs
- Create and maintain a product marketing plan for the entire Digital O.R. portfolio
- Develop marketing goals, key messaging and define regional/international tradeshow concepts as components of a campaign
- Orchestrate development of marketing collateral (presentations, flyers, brochures, whitepapers, newsletters, social media posts)
- Analyze competitor activities, customer feedback, sales performance, utilization of own products and develop action plan (Marketing Mix) with global scope
- Identify market needs and the corresponding product solution opportunities by consolidating customer segmentation, targeting and product positioning and provide voice-of-the-customer marketing specifications to the R&D team
- Market analysis: identify market and technology trends and opportunities relevant for the assigned product
- Support and supervise on partner management and business development
- Product core data: develop basic product briefing including unmet needs, target groups, positioning, features and benefits, unique selling propositions, pricing and bundling
- Establish relationships with key opinion leaders and spend time with customers and sales in the field / at tradeshows
- Field visits: spend at least one week/quarter in the field together with Sales
- Develop value proposition, messaging and claims
- Develop and present training material for Sales, distributors and partner companies that are suited to / account for differences in markets
- Administrate articles, product bundles, pricing for assigned product
- Training: develop training material in cooperation with Marketing Communications and support product training for Sales, distributors and partner companies, organized by Regional Marketing management
- Support customer visits at headquarters with presentations and in-depth product demos
The ideal candidate will have a proven technical and product-focused track record or professional experience of 3 or more years in the O.R. environment, as well as:
- University degree in business administration or related field with focus on marketing
- Demonstrated ability of collecting user requirements (voice-of-the-customer) and translating them into a viable product roadmap
- Demonstrated product launch experience
- Strong presentation and communications skills together with solid project management and stakeholder management ability (collaborate with others in a dynamic organization / matrix environment)
- An analytical, decisive, and committed personality with an outgoing nature and strong interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of CRM (salesforce.com) and Business Intelligence Tools
- Experience in lean project management is a plus
- Ability to work effectively both alone and with limited supervision or as part of a collaborative team of diverse individuals
- Ability to work at a consistently high standard while maintaining attention to detail and delivering against demanding timelines
- Business fluency in written and spoken English
- Willingness to travel up to 30% of the time; the position is located at our Brainlab HQ in Munich (non-pandemic work scheme)
- A mutually-supportive, international team
- Meaningful work with a lasting impact on medical technology
- 30 vacation days, plus December 24th and December 31st
- Flexible working hours
- Parking garage and safe underground bike storage
- Award-winning subsidized company restaurant and in-house cafes
- Variety-rich fitness program in our ultra-modern 360m2 company gym
- Regular after work, team, and company events
- Comprehensive training and continuing education opportunities
Ready to apply? We look forward to receiving your online application including your first available start date and desired salary.
Your HR Contact Person