The Challenges of Surgical Planning
Surgical planning technology facilitates evaluation of complex anatomy and helps to enhance and speed up disease interpretation. Patient-specific 3D planning is also beneficial when used in the operating room and offered to the surgeon during the intervention as a guide1. The use of planning technology in the O.R., however, is often limited by the difficulty in finding a single, fast, easy-to-use software able to work independently from radiology, load PACS patient images, import patient segmentation obtained by another software, render this in 3D, and fuse the information2.
Enhancing Surgical Data
Brainlab Digital O.R. goes far beyond simply consolidating O.R. information into one source and being a central interface for PACS, HIS and VNAs. With Digital O.R. integration, Brainlab brings its core expertise to the operating room: software tools to help surgeons enhance patient images and create and execute the best possible surgical plan in mere seconds.
Planning that Keeps UpFrom the office with Brainlab Elements Planning Software, the surgeon can work with patient images in 3D to accurately outline tumors and structures at risk, plan trajectories, and fuse images like CT and MR. Planned cases are then automatically sent to PACS or the HIS and available on Buzz through an HL7 and DICOM integration or through Quentry Cloud Services for immediate use in the O.R.
Powerful Viewing Application
Tailored to the surgeon’s needs, Brainlab Elements Viewer can be used to create, enhance and edit 3D reconstructions of patient anatomy from various images like CT, MR, X-Ray and PET before, during or after surgery.
- PACS independent—Raw images from the PACS are quickly loaded to the system for immediate enhancement
- Straightforward reconstructions—Multi-planar 2D and 3D reconstructions, volume renderings, and segmentations of anatomical structures such as bone, vessels and organs, can be done in seconds with the touch of a finger
- Intelligent software modules—Effective and indication-specific workflows can be built through a combination of Brainlab Elements, such as Image Fusion or Smartbrush
On-the-Fly Procedure Planning
- Effortless data preparation—The O.R. schedule for the following day is automatically loaded overnight from the HIS, as well as patient images from PACs, to save time in the morning and throughout the day
- Fast plan review—Especially helpful in complex cases, Elements Viewer and planning software guide the surgeon by intraoperatively displaying the pre-surgery plan downloaded from the PACS or Quentry Cloud Services
- Intraoperative planning—For cases with tight timelines or emergency procedures, the easy-to-use software and fast loading of images from PACS allows for quick procedure planning
- Platform independent post-op review—Brainlab Elements Viewer is platform independent and can also be used for patient consultation in the office or on the go with a tablet
Discover how to document your procedure with images and videos at the touch of a finger.