Elements Cranial SRS is an efficient treatment planning tool for cranial indications with a high degree of automation.
Treatment planning systems generally simplify planning by using a ‘one-size-fits-all’ approach. Cranial SRS, however, is a unique application that optimizes the planning process based on a specific cranial indication.
Optimal placement of non-coplanar arcs is a challenging task for even the most experienced planners. High plan quality can be achieved by leveraging a 4Pi* optimization algorithm and clinically-generated controls that unite all the options and benefits demanded by Cranial SRS.
• Selection of table angles is automatically generated for optimal placement based on the most critical OARs dependent upon indication
• Gantry starting and stopping angle as well as table angle vary according to OARs to complete trajectory optimization
• VMAT optimization takes trajectory optimization into account to create an optimized deliverable plan
In order to create the sharpest dose gradient and most MU-efficient plans, the unique Brainlab VMAT approach is an elegant mixture of automation and control. It is characterized by clinical control tools that enable the user to make subtle plan modifications.
• Unique VMAT algorithm accesses high dose rates necessary for SRS treatment
• Plans are MU efficient; using specialized optimization constraint techniques
• Plan modifications can be quickly visualized and implemented with intuitive tools, affecting MU and normal tissue metrics (CI and GI)
For demanding cases, it may be necessary to increase the dose modulation to meet OAR dose constraints. However, for cases where the PTV is isolated, it may be desirable to reduce modulation to improve the plan’s dosimetric stability.
• Dose modulation can be changed by making the plan more or less VMAT-like
• Clinical controls allow users to easily influence and produce a more dosimetrically robust plan
Control over planning parameters is facilitated via straightforward views and unique dose displays. These have been implemented for not only PTV but also the most critical OAR so that tradeoffs can be readily assessed.
• Multiple dataset display of dose distribution
• Unique 3D views for optimal dose analysis
• Volumetrically visualizes dose interface
Work in progress