The Portfolio Manager will lead all aspects of developing and launching products for the image guided spine surgery portfolio as a central gateway between R&D and Product Management providing voice-of-the-customer specifications.
The position will be based in our headquarters in Munich.
Your responsibilities and scope:
As product development marketing team lead, you will:
- Manage and provide guidance to a group of product managers and regional marketing managers.
- Provide expert insight on surgical techniques and related workflow.
- Define and supervise Product Management involvement in BPM projects as well as lean and other process related tasks.
- Overview and supervise on partner management and business development.
- Monitor the development of training material for sales, distributors and partner companies as well as the organization and delivery of sales trainings and workshops on spine surgery solutions and market.
As product life cycle management lead and as point of reference for all product development internal groups, you:
- Strategically streamline product, business and partner development to all stakeholders, especially R&D, platform product management, General Management and Quality Management.
- Create and maintain a Portfolio Marketing Roadmap by driving a product development strategy that references clinical workflows, utilization and business case evaluation.
- Provide voice-of-the-customer marketing specifications to the R&D team and sign-off product definition for R&D with project proposal (include desirable marketing claims) to start a project.
- Represent the spine surgery portfolio in steering group and R&D portfolio meetings.
- Develop the global launch plan with key timelines and milestones, to be further developed into regional launch plans by regional marketing managers.
- Consolidate product forecasts from sales, regional marketing managers and partner manager.
- Advise on consistent overall pricing strategy.
- Monitor relevant clinical studies and regulatory clearances in relevant markets.
As product / market segment expert you:
- Lead segmentation, targeting, positioning, messaging to support innovative and high-impact launch of image guided spine surgery products, in close collaboration with campaigns marketing team and regional marketing managers for regional market fit.
- Acquire and analyze feedback from key opinion leaders, current and potential customers, third party market research and internal stakeholders.
- Lead market research to identify market needs and the corresponding product solution opportunities.
- Establish relationships with key opinion leaders in the field, in seamless partnership with regional marketing managers.
- Collate competitive intelligence from direct customer feedback and indirect feedback from internal team.