Senior Computer Engineer – OS and Computers for medical devices
Founded in Munich, Germany in 1989, Brainlab develops, manufactures and markets software-driven medical technology, enabling access to improved, more efficient, less-invasive patient treatments. Our key to success is our creative, talented and hard-working team, which consists of around 2000 dedicated and inspiring individuals in 25 locations worldwide. To succeed in reaching our targets, we are seeking committed colleagues who can stand behind our core values curious, authentic and useful:
Our passionate Brainlab R&D Platforms team develops the Brainlab hardware for our image-guided surgery and digital O.R. portfolio. These state-of-the-art computer systems offer our surgeons easy access to the Brainlab software capabilities of today and tomorrow.
As a Senior Computer Engineer you will be part of our motivated team of technical experts and apply your computer knowledge in the development of our medical devices. Your focus will be the computer hardware, operating systems (OS) and the network configuration of our devices and consider worldwide technical and regulatory standards as well as the latest cybersecurity practices. With your expertise you will contribute to our new and existing Brainlab products.
Typical areas of your responsibility are
- definition and customization of the computer hardware and network communication
- advanced configuration of OS images
- definition and execution of verification tests
- preparation of OS image deployment in cooperation with our support and production teams
- creation of the product documentation
- to ensure that our hardware and OS is secure, safe and effective during the whole product lifetime
In this interesting position you work in a team of experienced development engineers and closely collaborate with our service engineers, production team as well as external partners, suppliers and test houses.
- background in computer science or IT technology and relevant work experience
- excellent understanding of computer architecture and networks
- experience with version control and release management
- experience with installing, configuring and deploying operating systems (Windows and GNU/Linux)
- knowledge in the area of network security and OS hardening
- experience with PowerShell or shell scripting
- knowledge of software development (e.g. Python, C++), containers and automation tools is a plus
- enjoy project work and pleasure of being part of an international team
- fluent English skills, German is a plus
- A mutually-supportive, international team
- Meaningful work with a lasting impact on medical technology
- 30 vacation days, plus December 24th and December 31st
- Flexible working hours as well as hybrid work model within Germany
- Parking garage and safe underground bike storage
- Award-winning subsidized company restaurant and in-house cafes
- Variety-rich fitness program in our ultra-modern 360m2 company gym
- Regular after work, team, and company events
- Comprehensive training and continuing education opportunities
Ready to apply? We look forward to receiving your online application including your first available start date and desired salary.
Your HR Contact Person