Our Latest Press Releases
Our Latest Press Releases
Click here to download
press photos and videos of
people, products and places
Our Management Team
At Brainlab, we digitize medical workflows, from diagnosis to therapy, to offer clinicians and patients better treatment possibilities. Our innovative digital ecosystem forms the basis for modern healthcare technology in 6300 hospitals in 120 countries. At the forefront of health technology for over 30 years, Munich-based Brainlab employs around 2200 people with expertise across the entire healthcare value chain in 25 locations worldwide.
At Brainlab, we digitize medical workflows from diagnosis to therapy, and our innovative ecosystem forms the basis for modern healthcare technology. We help healthcare providers build three-dimensional patient-specific models with data that is structured, mapped and aggregated with industry-leading artificial intelligence. This builds the basis of our navigation system for the human body, clinicians can safely remove brain tumors, place screws in the spine precisely, and irradiate breast tumors with millimetric precision.
Our robotics and mixed reality technologies and expertise allow users to connect and innovate between the digital and physical worlds. In addition, Brainlab technologies power the collection of structured long-term data and medical registries. Through the neuroscience of play, Brainlab advances clinical training and education, promoting the adaptation to technological advances and creating digital models of complete interventions. Our digital ecosystem is an open interface and forms a framework for third parties to accelerate innovation in other clinical areas as well.
Brainlab systems are established in around 6300 hospitals in 120 countries to offer doctors and patients better treatment possibilities. At the forefront of health technology for over 30 years, the company headquarters are in Munich, and we employ around 2200 people of 85 nationalities in 25 locations.
Brainlab at a Glance
“Over the past 30 years, Brainlab has always had one goal: to improve medical care and the quality of life of as many patients as possible.”
- Founded in Munich in 1989
- Core business: medical software solutions for oncology, neurosurgery, spine, ENT, maxillofacial and trauma surgery
- Around 6300 hospitals use Brainlab software
- Around 14500 systems installed worldwide
- Approximately 7500 neurosurgical systems installed
- Customers in 120 countries
- Around 2200 employees of 85 different nationalities
- Around 900 employees at the company’s headquarters in Munich
- Approximately 800 engineers in research and development
- Approximately 440 customer service representatives
- 25 locations worldwide including Paris, Madrid, Milan, Tel Aviv, Sao Paulo, Chicago, Melbourne, Seoul, Dubai, New Delhi, Kuala Lumpur, Tokyo, Singapore, Hong Kong, Beijing and Munich
- Head office and production in Munich
(Updated March 2023 for FY 2023)