Comprehensive Radiosurgery Program
Novalis Radiosurgery strengthens the strategic position of facilities dedicated to a comprehensive and focused vision of excellence in targeted cancer treatments
Novalis® Radiosurgery is an advanced configuration of specialized tools dedicated to fast, precise and highly targeted SRS and SBRT treatments. Available at more than 500 centers worldwide, the Novalis Radiosurgery Program is built on over two decades of stereotactic expertise with cutting edge software and equipment developed specifically for radiosurgery.
- Includes comprehensive training, dynamic marketing, a scientific clinical user network and the Novalis® Certified onsite quality review program
- Extends the capabilities of surgeons looking for alternatives to aggressive surgery or chemotherapy
- Allows for the treatment of benign and malignant tumors, arteriovenous malformations and functional neurological disorders
- Enables personalized non-invasive¹ radiosurgery treatments for cancerous conditions throughout the body
High-Resolution Beam Shaping
To obtain the dose fall-off necessary to treat challenging radiosurgical indications, Novalis features a dedicated high definition beam shaping device. Radiosurgery targets are usually much smaller than lesions treated by conventional radiotherapy and are often located near critical structures that demand increased conformity. Novalis Radiosurgery centers all have access to integrated collimation and treatment planning solutions designed to deliver elevated radiosurgical accuracy².
- High-resolution multi-leaf collimator accurately mirrors the contours of the tumor
- Constant adaptation of the beam shape enables steep dose fall-off at lesion boundaries
Continuous Frameless X-Ray Verification
ExacTrac ensures submillimetric precision during radiotherapy and radiosurgery treatments and provides clinicians with a unique X-Ray based tool that verifies the patient’s position according to their internal anatomy. The ExacTrac frameless radiosurgery system enables highly accurate delivery of single- or multi-fraction treatments and facilitates a streamlined workflow improving scheduling flexibility for imaging, planning and treatment.
- Continuous tracking of patient movement, including X-Ray verification and correction, throughout the whole treatment
- Proprietary 6D fusion and robotic alignment in a quick, automated process
- Room-based setup for anytime imaging, even at rotated table angles, with two kV-X-Ray units recessed in the floor
Brainlab Elements, a comprehensive suite of software applications, expands radiosurgery treatment planning capabilities with high-performance tools and straightforward, automated clinical workflows. Elements set the standard for fast, easy-to-use and indication-specific radiosurgery tools that enable the most sophisticated treatments.
- Faster contouring and high consistency with Atlas-Based Organ Segmentation in less than one minute
- Automatic definition of major critical structures for cranial, spine and other parts of the body, such as head & neck, lung and prostate
- Seamless compatibility with Brainlab surgical and third-party radiation therapy products
- Meticulous dose plans for high-resolution micro multi-leaf collimators and smaller, irregularly shaped targets
Novalis Circle – Best Practice Radiosurgery
Novalis Circle is a worldwide network of clinicians dedicated to the advancement of radiosurgery. Novalis Radiosurgery users represent the leading edge in the application of SRS and SBRT and their participation in the Novalis Circle community indicates their strong commitment to improving healthcare. The communication and collaboration network Novalis Circle fosters the development of new ideas and treatment optimization that continue to change the face of cancer treatment.
- Network for clinicians to share information, experiences and treatment protocols
- Novaliscircle.org, a dedicated site for all Novalis users worldwide, is a forum for the community to connect and enable a rapid exchange of clinical advances
- Aims to establish a new global treatment paradigm for non-invasive cancer treatment in-line with the highest standards in research and technical specifications
Novalis Certified Accreditation Program
Novalis Certified promotes the delivery of cranial and body radiosurgery at a level of efficacy and safety commensurate with the highest standards of clinical practice. Built on the recommendations of the Novalis Expert Panel, the program helps institutions to assess current practices in relation to other Novalis Certified centers of excellence with its dedicated focus.
- Focuses on protocols and procedures of continual self-assessment and quality improvement
- Maintains independence as all auditing and review is performed by members of the Novalis Circle Expert Group
- Provides a community of certified centers that have demonstrated clinical capabilities and highest standards in SRS and SBRT
Onsite Program Review
Novalis Certified promotes the independent external review of specialized procedures, workflows and collaborative medical approaches necessary for high precision radiation oncology treatments. Adhering to the highest standards of SRS/SBRT, a combination of offsite and onsite review of treatment programs provides an in-depth analysis of the major areas of quality, safety and procedure.
- Incorporates review of training and qualifications, quality assurance, policies and procedures, clinical protocols, and commissioning
- Helps centers assess current practices with confidential program review and consultation
- Offers improvements and key areas for procedural enhancements and implementation
Novalis Radiosurgery offers a complete online and offline marketing package to publicize and promote the clinical benefits of the radiosurgery center of excellence within both professional and patient advocacy networks.
- Dynamic campaign that is proven, cost effective and customizable
- Comprehensive online patient referral designed to increase website ranking, traffic and visibility
- Geographical customization directly engages with patients and their families in your community while increasing physician referrals
Some doctors may opt to use a minimally invasive head frame for certain procedures.
Garcia-Garduno et al., Radiother Oncol 96, 250, 2010
Cosgrove et al., Radiother Oncol 50, 325, 1999
Lee et al., Appl Radiat Isotopes 64, 934, 2006
Solberg et al., IJROBP 71(1), S131, 2008
Kairn et al., Radiat Meas, press, 2011