As a Software Engineer for our Robotics team, you will be involved in the development process from the very first idea until the final product launch. In this position, you will be responsible for developing next level image-guided robotic surgery applications. As part of a multi-disciplinary team consisting of Hardware- , Software- and Clinical Application Engineers, you will use your programming skills in C++ and C# to create software for medical robots for several different clinical applications (cranial and spinal surgery as well as orthopedics). By working closely with other teams and utilizing our existing software framework, you will create an application which will be used by hospitals around the world.
Therefore your main responsibilities will be:
- Implement controls for a medical robotic system based on surgical treatment plans
- Human-machine interface implementation and design in cooperation with clinical & usability experts
- Close cooperation and communication with software engineering specialists from other R&D teams
- Define & implement safety architecture and test strategies
- Release subsystems and modules according to medical standards for European and US markets