Brainlab revolutionized digital medical technology with the introduction of software for radiosurgery and surgical navigation. Today, Brainlab is an industry leader in digital surgery, radiotherapy and integrated operating rooms.
Serving physicians, medical professionals and patients in 6,000+ hospitals in 121 countries, we’re transforming healthcare to improve the lives of patients everywhere.
We employ over 2,000 people in 25 locations worldwide. Close-knit teams made of talented, curious and authentic people are working together toward a common goal.
Together we’re dedicated to making an impact.
Sound like you?
Join and grow with us.
This role is required to be in the Westchester, IL office 4 days per week.
- Partner with the Senior Corporate Counsel and global legal colleagues to provide legal advice and support across multiple functional areas, including Product Development, Finance, Sales, IT, Marketing, and HR for Brainlab, and its US based subsidiaries
- Review, draft and negotiate a variety of contracts, including medical device capital sales agreements, software license agreements, non-disclosure agreements, and partnership and vendor contracts
- Support and assist in IP portfolio management, risk management, corporate governance, and corporate compliance
- Address data privacy issues
- Effectively communicate complex legal concepts
- J.D. from an accredited law school; must be licensed to practice law in at least one state
- 4+ years' relevant experience; In-house experience preferred
- Experience with software licensing required
- Medical device experience preferred
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Self-starter with ability to work under pressure, manage multiple projects and competing priorities, and meet deadlines
- Ability to work and collaborate in a team environment
- Strong competency in drafting and negotiating a broad range of commercial contracts
- Proficiency in communicating with team members in a clear and practical manner
- Interest and aptitude in becoming a corporate generalist
- Ability to serve as a trusted team member across all functions
In return for the experiences listed above we will provide a business casual environment, competitive compensation package including medical, dental, life, LTD, STD, and matching 401k benefits and much more.
Visit us at: www.brainlab.com
Brainlab, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Covid-19 vaccination, including applicable booster(s), is required if the position requires onsite presence at Brainlab customer sites in compliance with Presidential Executive Orders. Legally allowed exemptions may apply.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to [email protected].