Imaging for Functional Neurosurgery
with Mobile Robotic Imaging
Loop-X® is a mobile imaging robot developed for intraoperative 2D and 3D imaging. In the context of the Brainlab Functional Neurosurgery portfolio, Loop-X can provide stereotactic frame localization, intraoperative scans for lead placement verification, 2D shots for lead depth verification and Automatic Image Registration (AIR) scans for navigation.
Consistent ease of use and access to patient
Fast and automated stereotactic frame localization
Time efficiency and accuracy in the O.R.
Experience Loop-X in a functional neurosurgery workflow
- Before surgery even begins, clinical teams can leverage the potential of Loop-X to save time and maximize patient comfort.
- Loop-X offers non-isocentric imaging. As a result, medical professionals can focus more on achieving accurate patient registration rather than trying to perfectly align a patient’s head to the center of the bore.
- Regardless of whether the stereotactic procedure is frame-based or frameless, Loop-X supports users in accurately localizing both registration fiducials and frame localizers.
- When combined with Brainlab Navigation and Cirq, Loop-X can also provide fast and accurate image registration.
- When it comes to functional neurosurgical procedures, millimeters matter.
- Loop-X is therefore designed to enable medical professionals to take fast and well-collimated 2D images for rapid and dose-sparing implantation accuracy verification at any point during the implantation of a lead, probe or set of electrodes.
- When performing a procedure with navigation support, surgical teams can also re-register a patient whenever needed by using a 3D scan including a fast AIR.
- Once the surgical procedure is complete, Loop-X can perform a final scan of the patient.
- The 3D image from the scan can then be fused and blended with the preoperative plan in Brainlab Elements to ensure that the leads are properly implanted in the preplanned and intended region of the patient’s brain.
Find your future workflow today.
Our functional neurosurgery planning solutions are comprised of advanced, research-grade software applications and networked hardware solutions that offer the precision and control needed for accurate and convenient trajectory planning.Learn more
Deep Brain Stimulation
Our deep brain stimulation software and hardware solutions are designed to help clinical teams throughout the entire patient treatment process by providing advanced 3D visualization of patient anatomy.Learn more
Our epilepsy solutions bridge the gaps between hypothesis formulation, advanced sEEG planning, electrophysiology information and the navigation of surgical platforms for streamlined treatment execution and communication between clinical teams.Learn more