Image Registration Options
Enhanced Visualization Leveraging More Data
Brainlab Navigation enhances visualization with a wide variety of image registration options
3D C-Arm Registration
Fluoro 3D Registration enables intraoperative integration of 3D C-arms for spine and trauma procedures allowing real-time navigation of intraoperative datasets—ideal for less-invasive and complex surgeries. This automatic image registration enables fast and reliable navigation as well as seamless compatibility with all common 3D C-arms such as Ziehm Vision RFD 3D and Siemens Cios Spin®.
- Minimally-invasive, automatic registration of 3D C-arm scans
- Real-time navigation of intraoperative 3D scans
- Dedicated 3D navigation application for navigated spine and trauma surgery
- Compatible with all common 3D C-arms
Universal Automatic Image Registration
Universal Automatic Image Registration (AIR) is the fundamental technology for seamless integration of intraoperative CT, rotational angiograph, and cone-beam CT images with image guided surgery. AIR adds intraoperatively acquired data to surgical navigation, optimizing the workflow while maintaining the preoperative surgical plan.
- Eliminates need to access anatomical landmarks
- Accurate image registration
- Universal integration of CT, rotational angiograph, and cone-beam CT¹
- Suitable for open, small incision and minimally invasive spine procedures
Surface Matching is a fast registration method based on a preoperative CT scan designed for open surgeries. Registration is performed manually by acquiring a set of points with the pointer on bone surface. An auto-correcting algorithm matches the acquired points with the preoperative CT scan in seconds. Attached to the pointer, SmartClip enables remote control of the application.
- Manual point-based registration for open procedures
- Fast and easy workflow
- Remote control with SmartClip
CT Co-Registration to Fluoro 3D
Co-Registration allows additional registration of a preoperative CT scan with an automatically registered Fluoro 3D scan. Co-Registration results in an improvement in image quality, applicable especially, for example, in cases involving obese patients.
- Co-Registration of preoperative CT scans with automatically registered Fluoro 3D scans
- Improved image quality
- Enhanced visual information
MR Co-Registration to CT
For additional soft tissue information, for instance in tumor treatment, Fusion brings full preoperative MR information together with a registered CT scan. Thus, critical information derived from CT and MR scans can be used simultaneously in spine tumor treatment.
- Simultaneous navigation in CT and MR images
- Additional soft tissue information
- Ideal method for spine tumor treatment
Freedom of Choice
Brainlab Navigation supports seamless compatibility with all common C-arms from Siemens, Ziehm, GE and Philips. The appropriate registration method can be chosen from a range of possibilities according to the individual surgical procedure and imaging device.
- Seamless integration of navigation and C-arm
- Dedicated cooperations with all common C-arm manufacturers
- Spine and Trauma Navigation applications for C-arm based surgery
Technical feasibility determined on case-by-case basis.