The Ultimate Control & Information Center
Curve Image Guided Surgery challenges conventional navigation utility. Smart ergonomics, multi-directional 27″ touch terminals, intelligent software, hi-fi, full HD and appealing design provide a unique surgical navigation experience.
Larger Screens for Enhanced Information
Curve® Image Guided Surgery optimizes navigation with pre-op planning and surgical visualization. Surgeons are guided by images from multiple views helping increase decision-making confidence.
- Two 27” touch monitors with 16:9 screen ratio provide more space to display and efficiently organize information
- Capacitive touch technology decreases display deterioration, enhances 3D software images and produces higher contrast for crystal clear tissue differentiation
- 1920 x 1080 pixels per display for 2D and 3D images offer more anatomical detail in full HD
- Latest image guidance software powers advanced 3D displays and hallmark Brainlab image enrichment
- Shifts easily between applications with a touch of the virtual home button
Loaded Functionality with Ergonomic Design
Curve Image Guided Surgery is packed with small features that add up to big performance. The centralized start screen – accessible at any time via the virtual home button – makes launching software applications and displaying content a breeze with drag-and-drop functionality.
- Separate monitor and camera carts effortlessly dock together for easy moving and parking while fitting user needs perfectly with optimized usability and quick setup and tear down
- Mobile, wireless¹ networking lets surgeons stream and record to linked workstations
- Built-in high fidelity music dock allows surgeons to navigate to their own soundtrack
- Eight independent wheels with breaks maneuver easily around cables and over door jams
Robotic Camera Adjustment
Curve Image Guided Surgery adapts to virtually any operating room setup for almost any navigated surgical intervention with its independent camera stand. The motorized telescopic camera height adjustment spans from as low as 67 cm (26.37″) to as high as 254 cm (100″).
- High setup flexibility for supine patient positioning and spine surgeries
- Extra low camera position to support cranial cases with prone patient positioning
- 300 cm (118”) extended camera tracking volume broadens setup options without compromising patient registration
- Convenient laser pointer located in the camera head offers optimal orientation and positioning
Flexible Surgical Setup
Surgeons and O.R. staff are free to control the operating room setup with multiple variations, including sterile and non-sterile configurations. Smart ergonomics and docking mechanism, combined with an appealing design, make Curve transportation easy and storage the last thing on anyone’s mind.
- Surgeon and non-sterile staff operate Curve at the same time, increasing efficiency and streamlining workflows
- Surgeon controls both Curve monitors for navigating, streaming and recording while benefiting from space-saving footprint
- Surgeon uses one Curve monitor as a ‘cockpit’ for changing settings while the second monitor, placed over the patient, serves as a view-only image guidance monitor
- Surgeon and sterile nurse each operate a Curve monitor for dual control and flexibility inside the sterile field
Powerful Plug & Play Connectivity
This all-in-one smart hub connects to the outside world and rapidly integrates third party surgical devices. Curve functions as a flexible information gateway, allowing physicians to view, share and connect both inside and outside the operating room.
- Direct DICOM patient data transfer to and from 5x USB, CD/DVD±R and hospital network
- Network port for connection to Airo® Mobile Intraoperative CT and C-arm
- Digital and analog video-in and digital video-out to connect an independent display (DisplayPort 1.2 up to full HD 3D, 4K, DVI-I out)
- Universal microscope-in for multiple vendors
- iCT scanner-in
- WLAN¹ module to transfer patient data or to connect to the Brainlab O.R. Web Portal
Complementary Electromagnetic Tracking
Electromagnetic (EM) tracking for Curve Image Guided Surgery opens the door for a broad range of Cranial and ENT procedures, including additional pediatric indications. Affixed with a flexible arm for optimized setup, the field generator creates an electromagnetic field around the patient’s head. Just like the infrared camera, the generator is powered by the monitor cart, with no additional power supply needed. The table rail mounted connection panel is the interface between the field generator and navigation system, allowing for easy connection of EM instruments.
- EM technology eliminates line-of-sight issues and enables pinless procedures
- Large tracking volume and articulated arm for flexible positioning of field generator
- Instructional animations provide detailed user guidance throughout setup
- Ergonomic remote control pointer minimizes screen interaction
FDA clearance pending. Health Canada clearance pending.