Brainlab Elements are efficient, effective, à la carte software modules serving multiple clinical specialties, including interactive and automatic segmentation applications for state-of-the-art planning of image guided surgery.
Paint a picture worth a thousand words using SmartBrush. Intelligent computer-assisted tumor outlining deeply expands target definition, incorporating multiple modalities and exploiting multi-planar volume definition.
- Immediate and interactive target delineation
- Streamlined, multi-planar volume definition
- Smart contour expansion with a click of the mouse or touch of the finger
- Multiple modalities simultaneously considered in outlining
Elements Segmentation Cranial
Define the case from the start with fully automated, knowledge-based anatomical segmentation. Elemental to treatment planning, Segmentation Cranial flexibly adapts to various anatomies and modalities and generates anatomical structures with high consistency.
- Unique technology based on a patented Synthetic Tissue Model
- Anatomical Mapping of Cranial MR datasets with thorough matching of all tissue classes
- Automatic Segmentation of all relevant anatomical brain structures
- Efficient and consistent automation of time-consuming contouring process
- Intuitive, easy-to-use review and editing tools
Elements Trajectory Planning
Plan multiple trajectories for neurosurgical approaches with preconfigured view modes. Comprising all relevant data such as target structure, segmented objects and fiber tracts in one place, Trajectory Planning Cranial allows for well-informed approach planning.
- Interactive target and entry point positioning
- Flexible definition of trajectories based on AC/PC-relative or DICOM coordinates
- Adjustable 3D trajectory shapes for case-specific visualization
- Axial, Coronal, Sagittal, Probe’s Eye and Inline views for trajectory verification
Elements Image Fusion
Consider every angle with Elements Image Fusion. Dataset correlation brings the plan together for indispensable definition and contouring.
- Fully automated and highly accurate image fusion
- Mutual information algorithm for dataset correlation within seconds
- Region-of-interest definition for dataset correlation in areas with similar anatomy
- Flexibility to contour on any dataset
Elements Distortion Correction Cranial
Compensate for distortions in MR datasets with deformable co-registration. Based on rigid fusion results Distortion Correction Cranial creates datasets with more accurate co-registrations enabling high-precision contouring and Fibertracking across modalities.
- Multi-modal deformable co-registration (MR–MR, MR–CT)
- Creation of an additional, deformed dataset while keeping original data
- Correction of Diffusion Tensor Imaging (DTI) sequences to increase Fibertracking precision
- Visualization of location and magnitude of MR distortions
- Interactive comparison of rigid and distortion-corrected fusion results
Easily enrich anatomical images with detailed information about eloquent white matter structures to preserve vital functions. Fibertracking processes and visualizes patient-specific DTI data to enable more refined surgical approaches.
- Brain Projection view for direct review and planning on the cortex
- Dynamic live tracking in 2D, 3D and Brain Projection views
- Drag-and-drop structure selection for region-of-interest based tracking
- Anatomical templates (e.g. Broca area) automatically provide individual and reproducible regions-of-interest
- Region-of-interest based tracking and live tracking mode can be combined to refine results
- Deterministic dual-tensor tracking algorithm reveals details such as crossing fibers
Elements Virtual iMRI Cranial
Bridge the gap between preoperative plans and intraoperative scans. With intraoperative MR or CT images available, Virtual iMRI Cranial simulates the status quo of surgical plans.
- Facilitates continued use of preoperative treatment plans
- Deforms a preoperative plan based on an intraoperative scan (MR or CT)
- Simulates anatomical changes caused by the intervention
- Eliminates the need to repeat planning steps like fiber tractography or segmentation
- Helps to quantify tissue deformation and estimate the extent of resection
Streamlined access to patient datasets fundamentally informs the planning and decision-making process.
- Fast and easy access to medical image data
- Quick and direct interaction with DICOM images
- Simplified user interface supporting multi-touch gestures
- Rapid learning curve with intuitive usability
- Advanced 3D Viewer supports procedures that require a high level of spatial anatomic orientation
Elements Viewer Smart Anatomy Cranial
Consolidate all structures created with Elements and interactively review plans in realistic 3D specifically for brain tumor and vascular indications.
- Automatically identifies superficial brain veins and vessels surrounding the tumor that may be critical during tumor resection or craniotomy
- Peeling View intelligently adjusts object visibility through slider control
- Automatically generates region-of-interest 3D visualizations of aneurysms and surrounding vessels (CTA, MRI TOF, 3D Digital Subtraction Angiography)
- Displays textbook-like visualization of surgical cases for planning, tumor board review, teaching and patient consultation
Elements Image Fusion Angio
Merge image data, previously considered incompatible, as a starting point for effective neurovascular treatment planning. Elements Image Fusion Angio co-registers 2D DSA and 3D CTA/MRA data with no need for a frame.
- Use of diagnostic images saves extra scan with localizer frame, reducing radiation exposure and complexity
- Supports frontal, lateral and oblique 2D DSA data
- Supports 3D CT-Angio and 3D MR-Angio (with contrast or TOF) data
- Direct visualization of vessels as Maximum Intensity Projection instead of vessel segmentation
- Colored visualization of blood flow for clear recognition of early and late contrast phases
- User-defined best DSA frame and region-of-interest contribute to robust fusion results
Elements SmartBrush Angio
Go with the flow and create a nidus object interactively under consideration of dynamic contrast flow. Elements SmartBrush Angio is a contouring tool that generates a cranial vascular 3D object based on a user-defined region-of-interest.
- Color Intensity Projection for easy DSA frame selection and region-of-interest definition
- Side-by-side outlining on 2D DSA and fused 3D images helps differentiate feeding and draining vessels
- 3D nidus object refinement possibilities include SmartBrush, 2D Brush and 3D Brush
- Seamless export of Nidus object to Cranial Navigation or RT planning applications
- Enables consistent contouring and report generation over time